Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dad-time Son-day

This week Jo went to the new MDO. It was a rougher drop-off than I thought it would be. He loooooves the toddler room at school. It's actually pretty tough to get him out of there when church is over. However, it took a good bit to get him to detach and go to the room on Wednesday. His teacher told me he was mostly fine and did good with the other kids.

I never believe people when they say he did fine.

I mean, when I do stuff with him, like go to the store...
Yes, it's as big as him. Everyone in the store smiled. 
Or play outside in the water...
love that thing.
Or whatever, he does fine. Maybe 1 in 10 times he is fussy or difficult. But in my mind, 10 seconds after I leave a room, his eyes glow red and he is horrid for hours on end. Then, people are too nice to look at me and say "Sir, your son is the anti-christ, here is holy water...do what needs to be done."

But, no matter how good he is, I need some time just to myself. I think everyone does. Not everyone gets it, but they need it. Last night I was able to just go out of the house without him. Went to Game HQ. I never buy anything there, or stay longer than 20 minutes, but I like to poke my nose in every now and again. It was nice to just kinda get away for an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment